The "Books" section of this website provides a list of books which contains
information about the Clan Grant in Canada.
- Anderson, Abraham C. (1940) Trails of Early Idaho: The Pioneer Life of Geo. W. Goodhart,
and His Association with the Hudson's Bay and American Fur Company's Traders and Trappers.
Caxton Printers, 216 pages
- Anon. (1989) Collins Guide to Scots Kith & Kin: a guide to the clans & surnames
of Scotland Harper Collins.
- Ens, Gerhard J. (2008) A son of the fur trade: The memoirs of Johnny Grant. Edmonton,
Alberta. University of Alberta Press.
- Goulet, Geore & Terry (2006) The Metis: Memorable events and memorable personalities.
Calgary, Alberta. FabJob.
- Grant, Adrian C. (2012) Scottish Clans Legend, Logic and Evidence: Volume 2.
Upfront Publishing, 310 pages.
- Grant, I.F. (1972) The Clan Grant Edinburgh. Johnston & Bacon Publishers.
Johnston's Clan Histories.
- Grant, Louis Seymour (1934) Fort Hall on the Oregon Trail. Unpublished thesis submitted in
partial fulfilment of the requirements for the degree of Master of Arts at the University of
British Columbia. Available
- McLean, Marianne (1993) People of Glengarry: Highlanders in Transition, 1745-1820.
McGill-Queen's Press. Suggested by Patrick Grant - includes information on the Grants of
- Nuttall, Joyce (1989) From sage to timber: A history of Fort Walsh, Cypress Hills
(west block), Merryflat, and Battle Creek areas. Merry Creek, Sask. Merry Battlers Ladies Club.
For information on John Grant of Maple Creek, Sask, click
page 86 and page 87. Also try
- Oregon Historical Society (1996) Oregon Historical Society on Grant Family and Fort
Hall Obtained by Anita Steele. Indexed by Peter Grant.
- Peterson, Jan (2012) Kilts on the coast: The Scots who built BC. Vancouver, BC.
If you know of a book we should add, let us know.
Return to Bibliography.